onsdag 2 februari 2011

My crazy-fun-day



We wen't on a little field trip todya in school. First we met up with the Malmö based designer Katarina Zablocki at her studio. And it was so inspiring and fun to hear her story and tips conserning this bransch. She won the Show Up Fashion Awards in October and has afterthat launched a new label that is produced with help and for Nelly.com. Everything for that collections was so superlicious, I have to have the onearmed dress and the coralblouse with drapeings on the back.
After the visit at her, we took off for our old teachers new workingplace at the Theatre. That was also a lot of fun, seeing how they work there. And we got down in the basement and took a peek in their closet, and we found some really good pieces, like an old Balmain suit.

The day ended at our mentors office where we got to see how she works and how her store looks like. I found a really nice fabric, hand printed in senegal which would fit perfectly to my next collection. The only thing was that it had a black ground and it maybe would fit better with a beige ground. But my main inspiration is Africa, and when I could work with an african fabric that would be great. So I'll have to think about it.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar